Mrs. Dove – 8th Grade ELA
- Binder with dividers to stay in class
- Folder 1B – hand sanitizer
- Red, blue, black, and green pens 2B – paper towels
- Colored pencils – may be shared with other classes 3B – tissues/ Kleenex
- Remind – If a student and/ or parent signs up, the student will receive bonus. I will send out a weekly message with important class updates.
- 1st and 2nd hour text the message @ldove1b to 81010
- 4th and 5th hour text the message @ldove2b to 81010
- 6th and 7th hour text the message @ldove3b to 81010
- Turn your classwork and homework in on time.
- Have your homework out, pencils sharpened, and all materials needed for class ready
- Refrain from using any type of scented item in the classroom (lotion, hand sanitizer, perfume etc.).
- Leave all food and drink in backpacks. Any opened food or drink will be thrown away. Water is OK.
- Raise your hand to be recognized for anything in the classroom.
- Stay in your seat during instruction.
- Respect everyone and everything in the classroom.
Important classroom information:
- Absentee binder – All make up work is labeled and placed inside the absentee binder that is located to the left of the door
- Not having supplies – If a student does not have a writing utensil they may use one of mine in exchange for a shoe. They will get their shoe back at the end of class when then return my pen.
- Hall passes – anytime a student leaves the classroom they must fill out the “I have Left the Classroom Form” and take the Restroom Pass Page that is hanging on the wall, along with their planner.
- All work that is turned in for a grade must be on a full sheet of regular paper and written in regular blue/ black ink or pencil, unless it is a writing activity where we use multicolored ink.
- All work is turned into the organizer on the door.
- Grades are divided into categories:
- Classwork is 50%
- Homework is 10%
- Quiz/ Test/ project – 15%
- Writing – 15%
- Objectives/ Bellringers – 10%
- Missing Assignments will show up in Jcampus as a zero (0).
- Late work will be accepted up to four days after the due date, however the starting grade will drop one letter grade for every day it is late.
CONTACT INFORMATION – The best way to get in touch with me is via e-mail
- Classroom phone number – 318-364-3107 planning period – 1:59-2:50.
- E-mail address – firstname.lastname@example.org