Mrs. Dove – 8th Grade ELA
- 1 inch binder to be kept in class
- Pocket folder to stay in backpack for homework assignments
- Red, blue, black, and green pen
- Colored pencils – may be shared with other classes
- Remind – used to send reminders for tests/ quizzes, homework, projects or other announcements. This also allows for two-way communication between parents/ guardians and the teacher.
- For 1st and 2nd hour text the message @doveb1 to 81010
- For 4th and 5th hour text the message @doveb2 to 81010
- For 6th and 7th hour text the message @doveb3 to 81010
- Google Classroom – students will use this to turn in some assignments, complete class assignments and access extra copies of worksheets.
- Code for 1st and 2nd hour z55dnwy
- Code for 4th and 5th hour 6zdcar
- Code for 6th and 7th hour xzx55s
- Code for handouts/ worksheets/ forms/ extra copies of things handed out in class hi2i1yh
- Students should refrain from using any type of scented item in the classroom (lotion, hand sanitizer, perfume etc.).
- Students should leave all food and drink (including gum and candy) in their backpacks. Any opened food or drink will be thrown away.
- Students should raise their hands to be recognized for anything in the classroom.
- Students should respect everyone and everything in the classroom.
Important classroom information:
- Absentee binder – All make up work will be labeled and placed inside the pink Absentee binder that is located to the left of the door
- Not having supplies – If a student does not have a writing utensil they may use one of mine in exchange for a shoe. They will get their shoe back at the end of class when then return my pen.
- Hall passes – anytime a student leaves the classroom they must have a signed planner. Students should fill out the appropriate page and bring it to the teacher to sign.
- All work turned in for a grade must be on a full sheet of regular paper and written in regular blue/ black ink or pencil, unless it is a writing activity where we use multicolored ink.
- Late work – All work will be accepted up to 3 days late, but the starting grade will be lowered one letter grade for every day the assignment is late.
- Every student will be required to participate in AR reading and testing.
- All grades are worth 100 points because the grades are divided into categories and weighted.
- AR – 10%
- Bellringers – 10%
- Classwork – 30%
- Homework – 10%
- Test/ quiz – 20%
- Writing – 20%
CONTACT INFORMATION – The best way to get in touch with me is via e-mail
- Classroom phone number – 318-364-3107 planning period – 2:04-2:55
- E-mail address – email@example.com