Coach K’s Distance Learning Office Hours:
Despite these office hours, I will try to answer all emails and google classroom questions at any time.
If you need assistance, Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019-2020 Remind Code for Coach K’s PE Class.
2019-2020 Google Classroom Codes:
1st Hour: u3wzgta
2nd Hour: ewzwjhf
3rd Hour: aqe7n26
4th Hour: en3afyq
6th Hour: sspcmog
7th Hour: lbmlckt
HEALTH & PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Physical Education Philosophy:
Physical Education is an important part of the total educational program. Students participate in physical activities that allow them to develop an understanding of the physical abilities of themselves and others. Students become aware of the social benefits of physical activity through participation. The mental and emotional benefits of physical activity become evident when an active role in physical activity is encouraged.
The total development of students is the goal of the educational system. Physical Education is a vital part in reaching this goal. A variety of activities are incorporated into the physical education program. Activities vary from creative movement to lifetime sports. The age level of the individuals is a factor determining what activity is to be provided, but the outcome at any level should be the same.
All students have the need and right to enjoy the benefits of physical activity. Through a creative and well-rounded physical education program, students will benefit.
Health Education Description:
This part of the course is designed to promote student learning with regard to health issues that affects their immediate and long-term health. Maintaining a healthy way of living requires a balance of physical, mental-emotional, and social well-being. Health education provides students with knowledge of skills necessary to confront health related issues.
****Health and Physical Education rotates every other week.
Class Rules & Expectations:
- Be in your assigned seating and ready to exercise/work with appropriate materials when the tardy bell rings
- Students must be dressed out completely to receive credit: uniform shirt and shorts with appropriate shoes
- Examples of inappropriate shoes: Toms/Bobs, Sperry’s, sandals, Chacos, boots of any kind
- Examples of appropriate shoes: tennis shoes, Ked’s, Vans, Converse
- Participate in class: Students are expected to participate during the entire class period.
- Students who put forth the effort will receive all points.
- Failure to participate will result in a ZERO for the day.
- Turn in all assignments on time or points will be taken off.
- Positive Attitude/Behavior: Students must exhibit a positive attitude and good behavior every day.
- Respect for coaches, classmates, and self is required.
- Students will be introduced to new games and skills.
- Everyone is on different levels… Bullying and humiliation, abuse or harassment will NOT be tolerated!
- Students must show good character and act appropriately at all times to receive full credit.
- If needed, students will be redirected to the counselor’s office or discipline office.
- An absence must be excused to receive make-up work/points.It is the student’s responsibility to find out what was missed and make it up.
- Student’s should refrain from using scented such as lotion, hand sanitizer, and perfume because many students have allergies and asthma.
- If a student wishes to use any of these products, they may ask a coach and will be allowed to step out of the locker room.
- If a student uses any of these products without permission, they will be confiscated.
- Students should leave all food, candy, and drinks in their backpack.
- The only exception is water. If a child does not follow this rule and spills food or a drink on the gym floor or in the health room, they will be given a zero for the day.
- Students should respond to the sound of a whistle.
- This can be used to signal students for their attention or to become quiet.
- Phones are prohibited. If a student needs to contact a parent/guardian, the student will need to request permission to use the telephone that is in the coaches office.
****Accommodations will be made for students with appropriate needs.
Example: religion, physical modifications, language barriers, etc.
Locker fee – $5
This fee provides a student with their own individual locker and lock. Only the student and coaches will know the combination. Students are not allowed to share lockers.
PE Uniform – $20; $10 for shirt and $10 for shorts
The PE uniform is a gray, dri-fit shirt with black shorts. The shirt and shorts both say “Youree Drive” and have a space to write your child’s name. We will be writing the students’ names on the shirts and shorts; however, if you see your child’s uniform does not have a name please write it with a black permanent marker so that their uniform will not get stolen.
****All fees can be paid on PayForIt.net
Physical Education – students can receive 25 points a week; 5 points day. These points are earned through dressing out and participating.
Health – students can receive 25 points to 100 points a week. Assignments will range from 10 points to 30 points and are earned by turning in their assignments with acceptable work.
The easiest way to contact me is through email: