WELCOME TO MR. MARTIN’S 7TH GRADE SOCIAL
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me at email@example.com
Classroom supplies and Resources:
- Binder or a section in a larger binder for social studies.
- blue/black pen or a pencil.
- colored pencils – set that must be brought to class regularly
- loose leaf paper
- 1 box of Kleenex
- Composition Book
Classroom Wish List:
- Clorox wipes
- Paper towels
- Colored pencils (to keep in the classroom)
- Expo markers
- Sticky notes
- COLORED COPY PAPER
- Bell Ringers: Students will complete a daily bell ringer. Bell Ringers will be checked every Friday and they will be worth 10pts. This is a great way for students to bring grades up!
- Absent/Missed Assignments: Upon your return from being absent, students will need to check the student center absent trays for make-up work. The student is responsible for getting any missed work if they are absent. Caddo Parish Policy regarding make-up work will be strictly followed. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
- Grades: Students and parents can access grades 24/7 using JPAMS. The link is is located at www.youreedrive.com at the top of the homepage under “Student Progress Center.” I update grades several times a week. If students do not have their homework on the assigned date, they will have to sign a zero and explain why their work is late. This slip will allow them ONE extra day to complete the assignment. If it is not turned in by the following day, they will receive a ZERO.
- Outside Projects: Classes will occasionally be assigned projects to be completed outside class. I will send an explanation sheet home for parent review and signature. The sheet will contain all information necessary to complete the project as well as the due date.
- Class rules, consequences and rewards: Are posted at the front of the classroom. Each student is required to abide by these rules as well as the rules laid out in the YDMS Student Handbook.
- Google classroom: All students have a google classroom email through the parish. My classroom will be utilizing this service regularly inside and outside the classroom. It is the students responsibility to check the classroom for assignments and announcements. I will constantly monitor students usage and reserve the right to block any student for behavior that is not appropriate or that does not follow Caddo Parish policy.
- Remind 101 Code: I will send out a weekly update on Remind 101. The Remind 101 code is dcg3f7