Welcome to Miss Saulsbury’s Class!
8th grade Louisiana History
Remind 101 is a tool that allows teachers to send quick reminders or updates to parents regarding classroom activities and upcoming tests. Joining Remind 101 is optional and is not intended as a replacement of the Student Planner or as a daily homework guide.
If you have any concerns throughout the year, please contact me via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through the school office at 868-5324. To schedule a conference, please contact our 8th-grade counselor, Ms. Davis, at 364-3092.
Classroom supplies and Resources:
- Binder or a section in a larger binder for social studies.
- blue/black pen or a pencil.
- Highlighters – Yellow, green, pink, orange
- colored pencils – set that must be brought to class regularly
- loose leaf paper
- 1 box of Kleenex
Classroom Wish List:
- Clorox wipes
- Paper towels
- Colored pencils (to keep in the classroom)
- Expo markers
- Sticky notes
- COLORED COPY PAPER
- Lagniappe: Daily Lagniappe (Bell Ringers) will be on the screen beginning on Tuesdays of each week, as students enter the room. Students will record answers to various questions regarding previous lessons, introductions to new lessons, or Leap like questions on the same sheet of paper for the entire week. THIS IS NOT AN OPTION – each student is expected to do this daily. I will collect the weekly Lagniappe for a 10 point grade (90 points 9 weeks) on Friday of each week. If you are absent, Lagniappe is posted on google classroom for the complete the work missed.
- Absent/Missed Assignments: Upon your return from being absent, students will need to check the student center absent trays for make-up work. The student is responsible for getting any missed work if they are absent. Caddo Parish Policy regarding make-up work will be strictly followed. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
- Grades: Students and parents can access grades 24/7 using JPAMS. The link is located at www.youreedrive.com at the top of the homepage under “Student Progress Center.” I update grades several times a week. If students do not have their homework on the assigned date, they will have to sign a zero and explain why their work is late. This slip will allow them ONE extra day to complete the assignment. If it is not turned in by the following day, they will receive a ZERO.
- Outside Projects: Classes will occasionally be assigned projects to be completed outside the class. I will send an explanation sheet home for parent review and signature. The sheet will contain all the information necessary to complete the project as well as the due date.
- Class rules, consequences, and rewards: Are posted at the front of the classroom. Each student is required to abide by these rules as well as the rules laid out in the YDMS Student Handbook.
- Google Classroom: All students have a google classroom email through the parish. My classroom will be utilizing this service regularly inside and outside the classroom. It is the student’s responsibility to check the classroom for assignments and announcements. I will constantly monitor students’ usage and reserve the right to block any student for behavior that is not appropriate or that does not follow the Caddo Parish policy.
Google Classroom Codes:
1st Hour- r7udz3q
2nd Hour- a7hagbv
3rd Hour- 2bvg3k7
5th Hour- iivye6p
6th Hour- uwv7w45
7th Hour- esodznb