During our school year, we will explore World History from Pre-History to the Renaissance. That is thousands of years of history in just a few short months!
At the end of this course, you will be able to explain how society, the environment, the political and economic landscape, and historical events influence perspectives, values, traditions, and ideas. ** Louisiana Department of Education Social Studies Grade 6 / “Scope and Sequence”
|Unit One||Unit Two||Unit Three||Unit Four||Unit Five|
|Geographical Concepts & the First Civilizations||Ancient River Valley Civilizations||Ancient Greece and Rome||Civilizations in Africa and Asia: Expanding Trade||Medieval Europe and the Renaissance: Legacy|
NEEDS AND RESOURCES
To successfully complete this course, you will need to bring the following items to class daily.
- Binder with a “Social Studies” section clearly marked.
- Pens and pencils.
- Personal pack of colored pencils.
- Notebook paper.
- Personal school planner/date book.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Google classroom: All students have a google classroom email through the parish. My classroom will be utilizing this service regularly inside and outside the classroom. It is the students responsibility to check the classroom for assignments and announcements. I will constantly monitor students usage and reserve the right to block any student for behavior that is not appropriate or that does not follow Caddo Parish policy.
Classroom Wishlist Items
- 3 x 5 Notecards
- Handheld pencil sharpeners
- Colored pencils
- Colored printer paper
- Online access Discovery Education Techbook. This will be shared with students as soon as information is available.
- Louisiana Department of Education website — www.louisianabelieves.com
- Youree Drive Middle School website – www.youreedrive.com
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Prompt – This means you enter the classroom quietly, on time, seated, and ready to learn.
- Prepared – Have your materials ready, complete all assignments, and study for tests.
- Polite – Always, always treat others with respect and kindness.
You will receive your grades from a variety of different sources:
- class assignments
- homework assignments
- Daily Vocabulary (bellringer activity)
Make-up & Late Work:
- In accordance to CPSB policy, if you have an excused absence, you will receive three days to make-up your assignment(s) (homework, tests, quizzes, etc.) for full credit.
- It is your responsibility to go to the “make-up” trays located in the front of the classroom for the day(s) that you missed and pick up the work you need to make up. If you have any questions, let me know.
- Late work due to unexcused absences or student apathy will be accepted for partial credit of the original grade. The partial credit will be based upon type of assignment, point value, and date of submission.
If you have any concerns throughout the year, please do not hesitate to contact me by writing a note in your child’s planner (with instructions for him/her to share the note with me), via e-mail at email@example.com, or through the school office at 868-5324. To schedule a conference, please contact our 6th grade counselor, Ms. Duke, at 364-3092.
REMIND CODE: hwaida2019